Thursday, April 18, 2013

Memories: Take Two

Once upon a time, I wrote a short bit about memories.  I find myself taken back to similar thoughts once again.  This time around, however, the thoughts and questions are much more vital.  What are we supposed to do with memories? Mine seem to keep playing before me in slow motion, as though on an old video reel.  It's as though they keep being dropped into my arms and I don't know where to put them.  I certainly do not want to let go of them.  But, if I don't let go of them, my hands will not be free to do other things. Where do we put memories?  Where do we store them? How can we keep them safe but still let ourselves move on in order to make new ones?  Where can we put them to let them rest aside until we are ready to fondly go back and look upon them once more?
I really don't know the answers to any of these questions.  All I know is that it can be a very big struggle to not desire to go back to the memories when the present is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment