Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Cheerful Heart

Proverbs 15:15 says, "All the days of afflicted are evil, but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast."

I don't know if I have explained where the title for this blog came from, so I would like to do that now.  Simply by reading that verse in Proverbs, I'm sure you have figured it out.  It really isn't complicated: the day I decided to make a blog I read that verse, and it resonated with me.  I love the image of a continual feast.  To have a continual feast is to always be satisfied and full for the rest of time.  Even if you do not share in my ridiculous love of food, we can all agree that hunger or no satisfaction are unpleasant feelings.  So, to have a cheerful heart and, therefore, always be deeply satisfied in joy is a wonderful image.  That is what my prayer is for in my own life.  And, that is what I want this blog to reflect.


No comments:

Post a Comment